Role Title: Intern – Marketing / Branding Designer
Business Name: Cranstons
Pay: £7.50 an hour.
35 hours per week for 10 weeks (Mid-June- first week in Sep)
Location: Based at Cranstons Head Office, Ullswater Road, Penrith
Cranstons Quality butchers was established in the Eden Valley village of Kirkoswald in 1914. The first shop at Kirkoswald opened in 1977 with a period of further expansion in the 1980’s with branches opening in Penrith, Carlisle, Brampton and Hexham. Cranstons currently operate four large local produce Food Halls and two traditional butchers’ shops. https://www.cranstons.net/
Overall Purpose of the Role:
Cranstons are looking for a student to undertake an internship working on brand development to help promote and expand, e.g. brand awareness, resources, stores image etc.
Other Useful Information:
There is the opportunity for the successful candidate to apply to the University of Cumbria’s Bright Futures fund for a travel bursary to help with travel expenses if required (£100 allowance available).
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Cranstons marketing team to implement their new brand strategy.
• Create consistent branding across the business that is visual and creative.
• Apply Cranstons new brand concept to display cards, posters, counter displays, counter tickets etc.
• Provide support to roll out the company’s brand, including communication and engagement with internal stakeholders, store managers and key staff across the business.
• Cranstons has been working with Nicepond Creative (http://nicepond.com/) to develop a new brand concept which now needs to be applied to all the companies 6 shops point of sale
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative desirable but not essential (training will be provided)
• Successful candidate will be working with external professionals along with staff from the company’s 6 retail outlets therefore good communications skills are required
• Would suit a student currently studying a creative discipline, e.g. marketing, brand development, graphic design, photography who is enthusiastic about the role.
• Ability to create and develop ideas.
For an initial informal discussion contact – Jane Silburn, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 07540 014519
Send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: Thursday 31st May 2018
Interview date: Wednesday 6th June 2018
If you would like support with your CV and covering letter please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org (please note that we offer a 5 working day service but will try to prioritize an upcoming application if you let us know the deadline).