This may be good news for Health graduates who have so far not found jobs.
We have had sight of a recent email sent to North West NHS Trusts encouraging them to make the NHS Jobs Newly Qualified Profile Pool the ‘first port of call’ when undertaking major recruitment exercises.
In other words, it may give you a head start to register on the pool if you have not already done so.
According to a more detailed advisory document, employers can contact registered candidates to advise them of a particular advert that is about to be placed on the system or ask them for more information.
The Profile Pool system requires candidates to answer the following:
- Have you received notification from the Exam Board that you have
qualified as a nurse, midwife, allied healthcare professional or as a
healthcare scientist? (Yes/No)
- Have you qualified from an English Higher Education Institution in the UK?
- When did you qualify? ( 2010, 2011, 2012, Other)
- Do you have the right, under UK immigration rules, to live and work in the
UK and without restriction? (Yes/No)
- Please select your profession? (from identified list but includes all nursing disciplines, midwifery, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, radiography)
- Please select your area of specialty? (from identified list)
- Please specify which Higher Education Institution you completed your professional qualification? (Lists those Higher Education Institutions that the SHA commissioned and funded)
N.b. however that providing incorrect information will prevent the candidate from re-registering within the pool for a period of 12 weeks.
Also, candidates will still be expected to submit individual applications to specific vacancies.