The AA2A project (Artists Access to Art Colleges) is offering 90 placements, giving artists and designer makers the opportunity to undertake a period of research or realise a project using art college facilities e.g. workshops, IT facilities, lending library, and lecture programme. AA2A schemes aim to benefit students and institutions through their interaction with practising artists
For full eligibility criteria and details of how to apply visit: http://www.aa2a.org/apply
• Access is free, for at least 100 hours, between Oct 2014 and April 2015
• AA2A has a Hardship Fund, primarily for artists on benefits providing support of up to £200
• Closing dates for applications vary but all are in September 2014
• Artists on AA2A schemes run from 2012 to 2013 or before can now reapply
• All applicants must have at least one year’s professional practice
• This year M.A. students with at least one year’s experience as an artist, can apply in the same year they graduate
• Applicants should be able to work with minimal technical support
To see current AA2A artists’ work go to http://aa2a.biz or read previous artists’ stories here.
AA2A particularly welcomes applications from applicants with disabilities, from culturally diverse backgrounds and non-graduates.