Question time with Ben Cooper
Controller of BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio 1Xtra in conversation with British Radio Executive, John Myers
Thursday 29 January 2015
4.00pm – 5.30pm
Lecture Theatre 2, Brampton Road, Carlisle
- Hear about the future of Radio 1 and 1 Xtra
- What’s the future of media going to look like?
- How do you get that job at BBC Radio 1
- Listen, watch and share. A strategy for the future but what is it and how does it affect you?
This is YOUR chance to meet the most important man in UK Radio. Click here to book your place now.
Read more about Ben Cooper here: http://cumbria.ac.uk/Alumni
This event is being managed by the Development and Alumni Relations Office. For further information please contact Karen Jones on 01228 400301 or email to email@example.com
Creative Networking at UoC 2015
Thursday 19th March 2015
6.00 pm – 9.00 pm
Brampton Road Campus, Carlisle
Our alumni are our best asset and their successful career paths, skills and knowledge can really inspire and help our students develop in the careers they dream of. After the success of last year’s event, we will be holding our creative networking event in March, giving students the chance to learn from the best!
Come along and join us on the evening of Thursday 19th March 2015 at our Brampton Road campus. A chance for creative professional alumni to network with current students over a FREE glass of wine and buffet.
Is this event right for me?
- Current student or alumnus in a creative subject such as graphic design, games design, web design, fine art, design crafts illustration, journalism, event management, performing arts, adventure media, dance, film & TV production or photography etc.?
- Perhaps you are an alumnus and studied a different subject but now work in a creative field?
- Do you want opportunities to network and pursue collaborations with fellow creatives?
- As a graduate do you want the opportunity to ‘give something back’. Do you have useful expertise and experiences that you could pass on to our current students?
- As a student do you want the opportunity to ask questions to creative professionals working in your dream job? Do you want opportunities to network and build contacts, to get your name known to potential employers?
- Do you own your own creative business and could offer work placements and opportunities to our students when they graduate?
- Maybe you studied at Brampton Road and want to come back to campus to reminisce about the good old days?
The format of the evening will include lots of networking time, an expert panel answering questions, FREE wine and lots of food. We will also be running tours for those eager to take a peek round campus…