Graduate Area Manager role @ Amazon:
Amazon is looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates to join the fast paced world of Logistics in European Operations as a Graduate Area Manager. This will be a permanent role from day one with structured onboarding and plenty of training and support.
An Area Manager is a manager with a bias for action. You will manage day-to-day operations in one of the segments from inbound to outbound (receiving, stowing, picking, packing, and shipping) and liaise with other departments to ensure a smooth flow of operations. Through your work, you will continuously improve the functionality and level of service that the Fulfilment centre provides to our customers.
In this role you will lead and develop a team of associates to their full potential, ensuring your team meets performance objectives in order to fulfill and exceed our customers’ expectations. You will learn to carry out a manager’s responsibilities in accordance with Amazon’s policies and procedures; ensuring that standards of discipline are maintained and infringements are handled appropriately.
Furthermore, you will be responsible for measuring, evaluating and improving the processes in the areas of Transportation, Supply Chain and Logistics, obtaining and reporting on key metrics data and driving production within your area.
You will be managing aspects of output in your area: people management, metrics, productivity targets, and process improvements. The extent of your duties will include:
- Maintain health and safety standards within your area and promote a positive health and safety culture on site.
- Lead, manage and mentor a large and diverse team of associates in a specified department within a very fast-paced and high-volume environment. Take responsibility for all HR related activities within the team, including Employee Relations and Time Recording activities.
The result is a learning environment that’s quite unlike any other. You’ll have the chance to work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
We want to hire the world’s brightest minds, and offer them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for our customers.
- You will be able demonstrate strong leadership ability and excellent communications skills across all levels within a diverse culture.
- You will be results driven with analytical capability, with the ability to innovate and simplify current process and practices.
- You should have strong decision making skills, that use sound reasoning and when required use consultation to achieve consensus.
- You will be willing to work to flexible schedules / shifts (including nights) and commit the time required to get the job done
We are looking for forward-thinkers who take a continuously proactive approach and create a culture of creativity within the workplace.
- Recently Obtained or be working towards your degree (2:1 and above)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Flexibility to move around the EU
- The right to work in the UK
- Evidence of leadership skills – perhaps you were president of a sporting or social club at university or took the lead in charity work or a group project
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Previous work experience – a summer job, internship or full- time role; if it’s in an operations or customer-facing environment so much the better
- The ability to speak and write another European language, particularly German, French, Italian or Spanish would be an advantage
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd!
If you are interested in this post, you can apply online at: http://www.amazon.jobs/jobs/320493/graduate-area-manager-2015-mf
Closing date: 13/08/2015