Production Trainee Scheme – Recruiting now
To be a great Production Trainee you need to be creative, have lots of fresh programme ideas and have the desire to make great television, radio and online content. If you have something to say and can bring a different and fresh perspective to our programme-making teams then we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for people who:
- Are passionate about television, radio and online and keen to develop a career at the BBC
- Are creative and have strong programme ideas
- Are great team players and happy to muck in
- Demonstrate audience awareness and have opinions about what makes good video and audio content across the BBC and on other channels and platforms
- Can work flexibly and move around, working in different BBC bases across the UK
- Have some relevant experience in a creative environment but please don’t apply if you have had continuous paid production work in the media industry or at the BBC for longer than 12 months
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
We want creative and passionate people with great ideas, but not necessarily people with academic qualifications. So don’t talk yourself out of this great opportunity.
The Production Trainee Scheme is the BBC’s fast track traineeship
If you gain a place on the Production Trainee Scheme you will be given an 11 month contract, and during that time we’ll train and develop you for a career in the media. You’ll be given three different work placements across the UK, in Radio and Television. You’ll be mentored by a senior BBC Manager and, by the end of the scheme, you’ll have the skills to turn creative ideas into brilliant programmes.
Past placements have included EastEnders, Doctor Who, Radio 1, CBBC, The One Show, Woman’s Hour, The Chris Evans Show, Radio 4 Documentaries, The Culture Show, Crimewatch, Coast and the Natural History Unit – to name but a few.
To be a Production Trainee, you must be able to work flexibly. You’ll be required to move productions every few months, and spend at least one of your work placements in a BBC production centre outside London in either Cardiff, Bristol, Belfast, Glasgow, Birmingham or Salford.
For all extra information please follow the below link to the BBC pages: