Content Writer – Part Time
£22,000 – £25,000 a year – Pro Rata
An exciting opportunity for a driven Content Writer to join a successful growing software company based in Lancaster.
Whether it’s a blog on training or an infographic on future technology advancement, we are looking for a digital content writer who has a passion to:-
- Write for people (not just for clicks)
- Research and deliver quality and expert information (not just hard-sells)
- Keep blog subscribers wanting more
- Understand SEO and produce relevant optimised content
Downloadable content is the key to inbound marketing success, serving as a lead generation tool for all our inbound marketing strategies, including email, social media, search, lead generation, etc. We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write and produce fantastic downloadable and shareable content and blog regularly, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of creativity and attention to detail.
The company offer a great friendly working environment in a new purpose built office situated in Lancaster City centre, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and following a probationary period a healthcare cash plan and additional benefits.
- Create resources to drive leads, subscribers, awareness (examples include eBooks whitepapers, infographics, guides, case studies etc.).
- Blog on an ongoing basis to support and promote offers and to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers.
- Grow our blog subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests.
- Research and collaborate with the team, customers and external influences to produce relevant and expert content that meets the needs of our target audience.
- Be able to tell great stories of what are prospective customers need to know in a generous, informed and editorially approachable way.
- You’ll be degree educated (ideally in journalism/pr/creative writing) or with equivalent working experience.
- Have experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, Slide Share, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Be proficient in SEO/content optimisation
- Exceptional content creation and writing/copy writing skills
- Past experience building audiences either online or offline.
- Be creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven using data and research to produce referenced thought leadership content.
Any experience of the following would be a plus but not essential
- PPC advertising on LinkedIn
- Experience working on an automated marketing tool such as Hubspot
Our client are a well-established software house delivering cutting edge solutions to the training industry. We have ambitious growth plans and require driven, motivated employees to help drive the business forward.
How to apply