Talent to Teach in FE
This is a government funded supported work placement which aims to raise the profile of FE and teaching in FE as a career option amongst the graduate population.
Cognition have run this programme over the last 12 months, and due to the enormous success (we have placed nearly 300 students to date) we have now been asked to run the programme nationally across all of England.
Please do read the points below – as this provides more information including the restrictions on who can apply/geographical locations etc.
- Placements are only open to home or EU final degree or post grad students studying at an English University.
- We are running the programme nationally, therefore students are welcome to apply from all locations across England.
- We are keen to encourage applications from students who have never thought of teaching, or indeed teaching in FE as a career option. Students who are taking teaching qualifications (such as PGCE) are not those we wish to encourage to apply as they are already actively considering teaching and on this career path.
- We are keen to place students now (over May and June) and potentially over the summer with Independent Training Providers, as this time tends to work very well for final year students given they have mostly completed exams/dissertations, and are able to complete the work placements over a week or so.
- Placements are for 40 hours, students are supported as they will have a mentor and will have time to complete a reflective journal. Students are also paid a £300 tax free bursary and will receive a Certificate of Completion which they can use as evidence for their CV etc.
- Students who are interested in applying, need to complete a very short application form which can be found on by clicking on the following link T2TFE.