Communications & Marketing Intern
Cumbria Community Foundation is looking for a dynamic and motivated person to help with their communications and marketing needs. The full-time role will be for 12 months based at their office in Dovenby.
The position provides an opportunity to further develop experience in marketing, communications, research and events management as well as gaining experience of social policy, grant making and community philanthropy.
The aim of the role is to provide support to staff members across a range of activities and functions. The position will be packaged as support to a range of projects to ensure effective management of the intern’s time.
The Community Foundation exists to improve the quality of the community life in Cumbria by making grants to voluntary organisations and individuals and managing grant making funds on behalf of individuals, companies and government organisations.
Established in September 1999 the Foundation has given out almost £30 million in grants to more than 4,000 groups and 4,000 individuals.
The Foundation has a strong donor base and is held in high regard by key stakeholders. As an organisation committed to the local community and a track record of delivery they are looking for a key member of the team to contribute to the exciting development of the organisation.
Salary £14,000 – £16,000 per annum
For further information including the job description and application form, visit their website http://www.cumbriafoundation.org/
Closing date 9.00am Monday 16th May 2016
Interview date 24th May
Carlisle Brass is looking for an IT Manager. This role offers the opportunity to travel, locations include Carlisle, Blackburn, Kirkham and Dubai.
To apply send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find out more about Carlisle Brass on their website – http://www.carlislebrass.com
Closing date for applications is 10 May 2016.
Title: IT Manager
Reports to: Head of Finance
Dotted line to: CBG MD / Divisional FD
Sites: Carlisle, Blackburn, Kirkham, Dubai
Salary: £40-45k (37.5 hour week with out of hours and weekend work required occasionally to meet business continuity needs)
Benefits: 3% pension contribution, DIS 2 x’s salary, 23 days holiday
The role arises as a result of the need to strengthen the IT function within the business, in the light of increased growth and technology dependence as well as the increased complexity arising from a proposed ERP replacement in 2017.
The hardware infrastructure for the current systems is largely based at Carlisle, with remote servers at Blackburn and Kirkham.
The parent Group’s IT infrastructure will also continue to evolve towards consolidation and standardisation of solutions for its other UK businesses based in Daventry, and this role holder should therefore expect to collaborate with other parts of the Arran Isle group in achieving realistic synergies. It is likely that this would comprise further virtualisation of storage and servers, as well as a roll out of virtual desktop technology
Deliver an infrastructure which continues to support the growth of the organisation and become knowledgeable about all its aspects to ensure continuous support for the operational hours of the business.
Provide day to day management and leadership of support staff making sure that appropriate skills are in place and effectively deployed in order to meet the function’s responsibilities to its users at all sites.
There will also be scope to provide forward looking guidance and strategy on where the Group can deliver more through IT, as well as responding to and developing ideas arising in the business units.
Carlisle Brass currently operates a range of software applications to control the business, largely based around a bespoke database (Corserine), and developed in .NET from an original Phoenix database. Much of this development has been undertaken in house by the current IT manager. Corserine has in turn has been integrated with Sage 200 to provide the financial reporting and analysis. It is intended that the IT Manager will remain within the business focussed mainly on support of the legacy systems and immediate development requirements of these.
Carlisle Brass is currently planning to replace its existing legacy systems with a fully integrated ERP solution in 2017. It is highly likely this will be based around a MS Dynamics Navision solution already developed for other businesses in the Arran Isle group, and being implemented during 2016.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting this project from the early stages through to post completion support.
The business does not currently have Navision experience available, but this will be supported by other sites and experienced third party implementers.
Key responsibilities and Standards of Performance
- Helpdesk resources and performance including reporting and improvement programmes
- Allocation of support resources and software resilience as agreed with business units including up time
- Coordination with external support providers which includes managing their performance and negotiation of contracts to support the operational requirements of the business
- Developing business specific Service Level Agreements (SLA) for each business unit and subsequently ensuring that IT service meets or exceed agreed targets
- Contribute to the development of the IT strategy encompassing hardware, software, security, resources and other aspects that support the achievement of the business plans of each business location
- Project planning and management of infrastructure maintenance and development projects including engagement and management of 3rd party contractors and service providers as and when required
- Creation of Disaster Recovery plans covering all aspects of IT resources and service for each business including periodic testing and subsequent updating. This includes from minor incidents such as theft of mobile phones to larger scale issues such as downtime on main systems
- Managing the hardware estate for the business units including:
- Physical servers, switches, firewalls and other associated hardware at Carlisle and other UK locations
- Local PC’s, photocopiers
- Telecoms: fixed line, broadband, mobile phones & devices, wifi, scanners
- Video conferencing assets
- Development and roll out of IT policies across all locations, periodic maintenance and enforcement
- Overall management of website hosting for all business units including the development and monitoring of service level performance from 3rd party resource providers
- Management of all aspects of IT security for all locations including PCI compliance, hardware and software integrity and resilience
- Contribute to wider company projects that require IT input such as new process planning, new functional specific software such as demand planning or business reporting
- Form part of the wider Group’s IT resource by working collaboratively with other IT professionals in the business and contributing to the IT Board
- Keep up to date with new software and technologies that can make our business better and build competencies within the IT team
Coordinate with Divisional Finance based in Daventry, UK.
Liaise with other IT professionals around the Group
IT of customer/supplier functions around the UK
IT / Business systems
Sage 200 accounting software used for financial reporting
Interfaced with internally developed Corserine / Phoenix operating systems
Local IT hardware infrastructure includes virtualised servers and remote servers at business locations in Kirkham and Blackburn.
Background, education and experience
Extensive 1st/2nd and 3rd Line support for a variety of infrastructure & application environments (pre-dominantly MS focused)
Extensive Design and deployment of Windows/PC based hardware
Management of an IT function within a larger multi-site SME or
Management of teams within an outsourced IT services environment
Good general education with at least strong A level or equivalent education. Degree level education likely. Appropriate technical certifications to demonstrate technical areas of expertise.
- LAN/WAN Network
- MS Server platforms
- Full and Thin client architecture including Citrix
- Hardware performance monitoring and improvement
- Business Continuity, backup & recovery
- Antivirus, Anti-spam & Firewall management
- PCI compliance
- Programming, e.g. Linux, .NET
- Video conferencing (Lifesize)
- Support ERP and Business Intelligence tools
The template for the future ERP system is based around MS Dynamics NAV 16 (Navision) with extensive use of Phocas (BI) and Jet Reports (BI)for much of the reporting requirements. Experience in any of these would be advantageous