Content Online Vacancies
Content Online represents leading scholarly and society publishers in the engineering, computing and technology related fields covering the UK, Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Denmark & Estonia. We are growing quickly and working on a different way of doing things. There’s a huge amount to learn and participate in.
Customer Support Representative (Ref: 18/002)
We’re looking for a high flyer, someone who can contribute to a thriving sales team with great customer services & the ability to meet the needs of clients who need assistance. Carlisle based with UK and Scandinavian-wide travel throughout the territory.
- Contribute to thriving sales team with great customer services and the ability to meet the needs of clients who need assistance.
- Visit our portfolio of over 300 customers and carry out product training and other related support tasks in the UK, Ireland and Scandinavia.
- Provides sales and customer service support to customers calling or emailing.
- Become a product expert on several online databases and carry out training for our sales and support staff.
- Create good relationships between Content Online Limited and its customers in the academic and commercial sector.
- To actively promote our products and services to existing and prospective customers, including but not limited to the IEEE, SAE International, ACM, ASTM, ASCE and ASME Digital Libraries.
- To work with our marketing function to create and distribute marketing materials.
Closing date: 27/04/2018
Digital Marketing Assistant
This isn’t just an assistant, it’s an opportunity to become a marketing genius. We’re looking to expand our marketing team at Warwick Mill Business Park. This role is full-time and to start immediately.
We’re looking for a Digital Marketing Assistant to join our team at Warwick Mill Business Park. This role is full-time and to start immediately. You’ll be taking ownership over a variety of exciting projects centred around customer data analysis, social media & email marketing. But the most important thing is you have an interest in digital marketing and the ability and desire to think analytically. You will have the freedom to drive continuous improvements in how we operate – we genuinely want you to drive improvements, not just take direction. We are a small and highly focused team; we all work together on a daily basis and support each other when our team members are away.
- Analyse and enrich customer data in order to improve accuracy of targeting for marketing campaigns.
- Collect data from digital and real-world sources and analyse it to help inform decisions.
- Assist in the planning and delivery of social media campaigns.
- Help to develop our customer loyalty programme.
- Creating, testing and iterating different content and collateral for campaigns.
- Support event planning and participation.
Salesforce Implementation Specialist
We’re looking for a Salesforce Implementation Specialist to join our team at Warwick Mill Business Park. This role is a 12-month contract and to start immediately. Salesforce is very much at the heart of our future infrastructure and this role will be a vital in establishing efficient workflows between our Sales, Marketing and Finance team.
Experience and Qualifications
Salesforce implementation, administration and configuration expertise with experience in:
- 3 years+ Salesforce.com experience.
- Building and maintaining reports and dashboards.
- Configuring standard and custom objects, workflow rules, validation rules, record types and page layouts.
- Previous integration experience with Pardot.
- Basic awareness of Apex/Visualforce pages.
- Certification in Salesforce.com (Certified Admin).
- The ideal candidate will possess a balance of business analysis and salesforce.com implementation and administration skills.
- You will be a team player, work well with peers and effective communicator at all levels.
To apply for any of these posts, please send a CV with a covering letter to Michael Barber, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All posts close on 27 April 2018.
The UK Recruitment team are currently looking for confident, enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed students, who are interested in enhancing their CV, having the opportunity to participate in training and development activities and experience the satisfaction of helping young people to develop and achieve their goals, whilst being paid for doing so.
Student Mentors are University of Cumbria students who mentor learners in secondary schools in Cumbria and North Lancashire at a key stage in their educational journey.
We are looking to recruit Student Mentors for the academic year 2017/18. They would be required to attend all five sessions in their allocated school plus a campus visit – with the approximate dates as follows:
Option 1 week beginning 26 February; option 2 week beginning 23 April.
The deadline for applications is 22 January 2018.
Paid internships with local businesses
The Enterprise & Business Development team at the University of Cumbria are running two business support programmes that are recruiting students to work with local businesses on innovation research projects.
- We are recruiting for short term internships – 20 days (140 hrs) maximum
- You will be paid @ £7.90/hr
The type of project will depend on the individual businesses and will give you the opportunity to focus on a new idea or particular issue that a company has. You will be supported by an academic and someone in the business.
- Get paid for conducting a research based project with business
- Link it to your dissertation
- Apply your learning and demonstrate your creativity
- Gain insights into business challenges and how to respond
- Enhance your business skills working alongside and learning from colleagues in the workplace
- Further develop your employability skills such as communication, team working and organisational skills in the workplace
- Develop your network and get connected by collaborating with local businesses
How to apply
- Opportunities will be advertised on the university careers Jobshop cumbria.prospects.ac.uk and on the UoC Careers web pages here: www.cumbria.ac.uk/study/careers/students/placements/
- You will need to complete a simple Application Form and submit your CV
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a short interview
Undergraduate Internship with Modular Build Solutions (MBS) – closes midnight, Monday 15 January 2018. Download the MBS Application Pack which includes advert, job description and application form.
Undergraduate Internship with Twoey Educational Resources – closes midnight, Friday 26 January 2018. Download the Twoey Application Pack which includes advert, job description and application form.
Change100 brings together the UK’s top employers and talented students and graduates to offer three months of paid work experience.
Change100 is for talented students and graduates with disabilities or long-term health conditions — including physical, visual or hearing impairments, mental health conditions and learning disabilities and difficulties like dyslexia and dyspraxia.
Since its launch in 2014, Change100 has partnered with over 90 employers across the UK to host interns including Barclays, the BBC, Skanska, Lloyds and Taylor Wimpey.
Online information sessions:
There are some online information and support sessions being held on Tuesday 12 December and Wednesday 17 January. Find out more here – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/change100-digital-information-support-sessions-tickets-38933215295
How to apply:
The deadline for applications to the scheme is 24 January 2018 at midday. More information for applicants can be found here – https://www.leonardcheshire.org/support-and-information/life-and-work-skills-development/employment-programmes/change100/students
Not secured a Graduate Job yet?
How about working for the the Graduate Employer of the Year 2016?
Enterprise Rent-A-Car offer a Graduate Management Trainee Programme Scheme and currently have vacancies across Cumbria with an immediate start.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car started in the US in 1957 as a small, family run business with 7 vehicles, and now have a turnover of over $19.4 billion, over a million vehicles on fleet, and employ more than 90,000 people across the UK, Ireland, Germany, USA, Canada, France and Spain.
Where can you go?
On the Enterprise Graduate Management Trainee Programme, you will join one of our branches and learn all the business necessary to run it as your own business. This gives you the chance to experience all areas, from sales and marketing to customer service and finance. At Enterprise, 100% of our promotions are from within, so our Graduate Trainee Programme is the fast track into a diverse management career. In as little as two years you could be running your own business, recruiting your own teams, and earning your share of the profits!
What makes the perfect Management Trainee?
At Enterprise you’ll need to be comfortable balancing business-minded entrepreneurialism with the empathy and care needed to understand and meet each and every customer’s requirements. If you are motivated by identifying and engaging with customers’ needs and can deliver new and creative approaches to attracting new business, then this is the business for you.
Along with an aptitude for sales, team work and ability to deliver excellent customer service, our team show genuine appreciation for the hard work of others. There’s nothing we love more than someone who can motivate the people around them while gaining the loyalty and support of a team through an inclusive and inspirational style of leadership.
Ask yourselves – do I have a “yes” mentality? Am I driven by the desire to achieve results? If the answer to both these questions is yes, then a graduate career with Enterprise beckons.
A few key traits and skills they look for….
- Current and valid UK/EU driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Aged 21 years or over (for insurance purposes)
- Legally eligible to work in the UK
- Basic IT skills
- Experience with customers and working in a face-to-face customer environment
- Sales orientated: knowledge of sales techniques
- Good work ethic and ability to work independently and as a team
- Great communication skills and ability to adapt communication style
- Leadership skills and ability to manage a project or team
- Problem solving and initiative driven
£21000 first year OTE
Job Title: Trainee Accounts & Administration
Employer: Bimson Haulage Ltd
Location: Carlisle and Wolverhampton Offices
Job description: The role will provide a structured and comprehensive introduction into Accounts & Administration. The company offers full training and support to ensure the individual can maximise their potential. The training is constantly reviewed at regular intervals, and based on the applicants understanding, new tasks and challenges are continuously added. It is expected the candidate will progress through to Managerial level.
Person requirements: The successful applicant will enjoy working as part of a friendly team and possess a professional approach to their work. We are seeking candidates who are self-motivated, conscientious and pay attention to detail. Strong organisational skills with an eye for detail are essential. We require a versatile candidate to support the Accounts Team in all areas of accounts using both Sage and MS Excel.(Training provided). This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to work in a professional, positive environment whilst advancing their own career aspirations.
Company information: BHL is an innovative and progressive national logistics company that has established itself as a market leader within its specialist field. As a company we have enjoyed consecutive growth for the past ten years, and are looking to build on this success with recruitment for the following position.
How to apply: Please send your CV and a cover letter to Jobs@bimson.co.uk. Within the cover letter, please offer an examples of where you have shown the following traits:
Attention to Detail