Paid internships with local businesses
The Enterprise & Business Development team at the University of Cumbria are running two business support programmes that are recruiting students to work with local businesses on innovation research projects.
- We are recruiting for short term internships – 20 days (140 hrs) maximum
- You will be paid @ £7.90/hr
The type of project will depend on the individual businesses and will give you the opportunity to focus on a new idea or particular issue that a company has. You will be supported by an academic and someone in the business.
- Get paid for conducting a research based project with business
- Link it to your dissertation
- Apply your learning and demonstrate your creativity
- Gain insights into business challenges and how to respond
- Enhance your business skills working alongside and learning from colleagues in the workplace
- Further develop your employability skills such as communication, team working and organisational skills in the workplace
- Develop your network and get connected by collaborating with local businesses
How to apply
- Opportunities will be advertised on the university careers Jobshop cumbria.prospects.ac.uk and on the UoC Careers web pages here: www.cumbria.ac.uk/study/careers/students/placements/
- You will need to complete a simple Application Form and submit your CV
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a short interview
Undergraduate Internship with Modular Build Solutions (MBS) – closes midnight, Monday 15 January 2018. Download the MBS Application Pack which includes advert, job description and application form.
Undergraduate Internship with Twoey Educational Resources – closes midnight, Friday 26 January 2018. Download the Twoey Application Pack which includes advert, job description and application form.